Hazardous Material Repacking and Repouring
Chemtran USA understands that getting shipments to their destinations quickly is top priority to customers and has built an excellent reputation for providing exceptional packing and repouring services for hazardous and non-hazardous shipments. Backed with a 24 to 48 hour turnaround and cost effective rates, Chemtran’s services add value to your business by getting the job done quickly and, most importantly, within compliance.
Chemtran USA’s hazardous material compliance practices are based on 49 CFR, IATA/ICAO and IMDG regulations. Each shipment is inspected based on MSDS information provided by the shipper. Experts then research and select the applicable mode of transport for each shipment before proceeding with packing requirements.
Our packing and repouring processes follow strict guidelines (see below). These steps ensure shipment compliance while providing customers with valuable information about their shipments.
• Review of Material Safety Data Sheet(s) documentation
• Inspect and verify the contents your shipment
• Examine existing packaging
• Create a detailed packing list
• Recommend the UN certified packing and marking process based on mode of transport
• Complete hazardous materials shipping papers
• Send the completed shipment with documents to the appointed destination
• Report to you all applicable tracking information.
• Internationally acceptable heat treated wooden crates and pallets provide additional protection to larger shipments when necessary or requested. The use of such materials ensures ease of handling and shipment safety throughout the transport process.
Chemtran USA’s personnel are some of the most highly trained in the industry and have a knowledge of shipment compliance that only comes from using their training on the job every day. The people at Chemtran understand the issues associated with hazardous material shipment compliance. By strictly following federal regulatory and safety guidelines our team is able complete your Dangerous Goods Repack within compliance while limiting your risk and liablity.
Expedited quotations are available for all of our services. Chemtran can offer you a personalized approach to hazmat shipment compliance.